The Laces (639 m) district in Venosta valley in South Tyrol comprising Laces, Coldrano (650 m), Morter (729 m), Tarres (800 m) and S. Martino (1740 m) offers holidays in the very true sense of the word. Bicycle and mountain bike routes are waiting to be tried out.
Three castle complexes, six stone castles, fifteen churches, countless bicycle and hike trails and nature aplenty. Castle Goldrain is the Val Venosta Educational and Cultural Institute.
The Martello valley and the Stelvio National Park are also a short trip away.
The S. Stephan castle chapel in Morter is one out of the most noteworthy South Tyrol church buildings. It houses frescoes by the 15th Century Lombard, Dutch and Bavarian schools.
The hospital church in Laces was donated by Heinrich von Annenberg. The original gothic construction's consolidation into one building dates back to 1470-1520. The church jewel is the Winged Altarpiece (1524), a precious work by Swabian master Jörg Lederer.
The Engraved Menhir in Laces (3,300 - 2,200 BC) was discovered 1992 by the state monument authorities, during restoration work operations of the "Unsere liebe Frau auf dem Bichl" church in Laces.
Climbing in the best known and spectacular mountains in the Alps
The highest plateau in Europe, situated in the middle of the Dolomites
Cycle paths, lake Caldaro and lake Monticolo, the castles
The path 24 encompasses the reserve of the Tessa mountains